iStall Visitor Management
We discussed that you currently have a high amount of unauthorized use. In order to effectively solve this you need to restrict visitation in some fashion such that residents are discouraged or disabled from using visitor passes for their own cars. One simple method of eliminating this is to limit visits per unit, for instance, or restrict visitor passes to X visits per license plate. We can do this by simply asking the unit number being visited, or asking for a custom password of some kind, such as the resident buzzer code, by using to a relevant piece of information such as the phone number of a resident (requires resident permitting to be enabled).
iStall allows you to set visitor limits to whatever the Corporation wishes, based on the needs of your particular Strata. One common method is to set a limit of 10 visits per license plate per month. This option is can also be enhanced with resident blacklisting. IE you can configure the visitor validation system to disallow registrations by any license plate which has been currently or previously registered for a resident permit.
At your preference, we can also request the phone number of the visitor, and/or request much more extensive information such as the make, model, colour, & year of the vehicle. But for visitors I find the make/model level of detail extraneous and cumbersome.
Feel free to get back to me any time with any questions or if you would like me to attend a board meeting to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
If you are interested in a live demo, perhaps get back to us with the type of validation style you would like to pursue, as well as whether you would be interested in using the resident permitting option, and we can customize your demo based on the preferences of the Strata.
Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to working together.
iStall Resident Permitting
iStall can be used to generate resident parking permits for your reserved parking stalls.
The permits can be configured to be transferable from move from resident to resident without intervention or can require the intervention of property management. So basically if you have access to the permit code, you have the right to claim that permit without the intervention of a property manager. We typically use this method for Strata Corporations where there is a high degree of trust between users of the Unit and where you don’t want the administration of permit transfer to impede ease of use by the residents.
Alternately you can place permit issuance directly under the control of the property manager.
Paid Parking, Kiosks, & Commercial Tenant Accounts
In addition to including both iStall Visitor Management and iStall Resident Permitting, iStall Pro enables you to administer the parking accounts of commercial tenants, provide professional parking registration kiosks (which can be tied to tenant accounts for accounting purposes if required), and to charge money for parking.
If you chose to set up Paid Parking:
- iStall will set up and manage for the asset owner the leasing of parking stalls (by tenant and/or property management company) and paid parking (by property management company)
- Leasing of stalls can be done virtually via iStall.ca.
- All payments are completed online via a secure payment processor.
- Parking stalls will be leased on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, the cost will be pro-rated if the stall is rented mid-period.
- Fully customizable parameters are available to allow free parking for a period of time and then revert to paid parking for extended periods.
- Collection of all fees is completed by iStall; fees owed are remitted directly to the asset owner on a set schedule.
Parking Enforcement Options
It is possible to self enforce your parking in-house using the patrol tools that are included with iStall. If you are looking for a third party to patrol your visitor parking rules, these two options are available as Add-ons:
Tow Based Parking Patrol ($50/month)
We will coordinate a towing company to randomly patrol your property and tow anyone who is not registered to park, at the cost of the owner of the unregistered vehicle. This option does not include patrol reports, but we do report on how many vehicles/month have been towed.
White Glove Parking Company Patrol ($200/month)
This option includes the issuance of warnings, tickets, and then graduating eventually to towing for repeat offenders. It also includes detailed patrol reports.
- All patrols are conducted by uniformed patrollers who are driving marked patrol vehicles. Patrollers will have photo ID badges visible all times during enforcement.
- Vehicles found to have not registered to park or parked illegally on the property listed above will be penalized according to our graduated enforcement schedule. They will be issued a payment notice, immobilized, or towed and will be charged the posted release or towing fees.